A good playlist and a pair of earbuds can make chores easier, workout sessions more intense, work better, and your days more enjoyable. But doctors say that the very thing you turn to for sound can prevent you from listening in the future. If you get the wrong earbuds, you can damage your hearing.
TaoTronics recommends getting earbuds that safeguard your hearing. Earbuds are not created equal, so it’s important to get the right ones. Because protecting your ears is our priority, we’re reviewing the best noise cancelling earbuds and wireless earbuds in this post to help you make an informed buying decision.
Types of Earbuds
- Wired earbuds: These play audio and music when connected to a device such as a smartphone or a computer. They offer varying sound quality and comfort based on their design and the components used.
- Wireless earbuds with a cable: These use a cable between the left and right earbud to transmit signals. Sound is at par with the best true wireless earbuds. The cable prevents them from falling on the floor. For this reason, they make great sports earbuds.
- True wireless earbuds: These are popular for their complete lack of wires. They are portable and come in a charging case that helps extend their battery life. They seal the ears completely and offer great noise isolation.
- Classic earbuds: Also called non-in-ear earbuds, these sit in front of the ear canal. A popular example is Apple AirPods. Classic earbuds don’t block the ears and let in ambient noise. They are ideal if you want better situational awareness.
Key Features to Consider When Buying Earbuds
- Sound quality: This is determined by the codecs used. A codec dictates how audio is transmitted from the source to your earbuds. It encodes and decodes digital audio signals for reliable wireless transmission. Good earbuds support codecs such as aptX, aptX LDAC 900, and HD. These deliver great audio quality and support high-resolution audio playback.
- Battery life: Choose a pair of earbuds with long battery life so you don’t have to keep recharging them. You should get at least 30-40 hours from a single charge (with the charging case) and 4-5 hours of battery life without the case.
- Connectivity and range: The earbuds you choose should be compatible with your device. Some devices use Bluetooth 4.0, while others use Bluetooth 5.0 and newer versions. Ensure your device is compatible with the earbuds’ Bluetooth version. Also, consider the range of the Bluetooth connection. Most wireless earbuds have a 30 feet (~10 meters) range.
- Noise cancellation: Get earbuds that offer both passive and active noise cancellation. Passive noise cancellation uses sound-isolating materials to block out lower-frequency sounds, while active noise cancellation uses microphones to block specific sounds.
- Durability: The durability of earbuds depends on their build quality. Most true wireless earbuds are designed for durability. It’s also important to consider water resistance as some earbuds get damaged if they get wet.
- Comfort: Earbuds come with differently-sized ear tips. Silicone tips are more common, but foam tips can expand for a better seal. You can try differently sized tips in each ear to find the best fit.
Specialized Earbuds for Different Needs (Safe for Your Ears）
These Bluetooth V5.2 wireless earbuds provide a wonderful audio experience with a longer range of Bluetooth, faster transmission speed, and stronger connection stability. They offer excellent surround sound and voice call performance and feature one-step pairing technology. You can easily connect them to your Bluetooth device.
You won’t have to wait for hours for these in-ear earbuds to charge as they feature Type-C quick charge technology and recharge in 90 minutes. Type-C quick charge offers a more stable way to charge the earbuds and increases their battery life significantly.
You’ll love the 4-hour playtime you get from a single charge (without the charging case). The case prolongs playtime by 34 hours. The earbuds are super comfortable and can be worn for extended periods of time—on a flight or at the office. They are travel-friendly and perfect for long flights and commutes.
Music sounds more realistic–robust bass, good clarity, and a relatively wide soundstage. It achieves the perfect balance between bass and treble. CVC 8.0 noise echo cancelling and noise suppression technology ensures the device transmits crystal clear voice during phone calls.
These noise cancelling earbuds offer brilliant performance, comfort, and reliability. They perform so well that it’s hard to believe they costs less than $40. Qualcomm aptX codec and high-fidelity dynamic drivers make the earbuds deliver powerful bass and treble and lossless transmission.
You’ll enjoy crystal-clear calls thanks to CVC 8.0 active noise cancellation technology. Even in a noisy environment, your voice will be heard clearly. On a single full charge, these wireless earbuds play music for up to 9 hours. The compact charging case extends playtime up to 29 hours. When you’re in a rush, charge the device for 10 minutes and get 2 hours of playtime.
The Bluetooth earbuds boast an ergonomic design and distribute pressure in the ears evenly. They protect your ears by easily adjusting the volume. They come with ear tips in different sizes for the best fit. They are also waterproof. IPX8 rating ensures the earbuds stay protected against water and sweat.
These wireless earbuds have surround sound, excellent noise cancellation, and long battery life. The sound quality is enjoyable from the get-go, and you’ll enjoy crystal-clear calls even in public spaces. Smart noise reduction technology makes for flawless conversations. The noise cancelling earbuds block ambient noise by up to 96%. They pair excellently with a gaming headset.
You’ll never have to worry about the Bluetooth earbuds running out of charge. On a single charge, they offer up to 10hrs of playtime without the charging case. The tiny charging case extends playtime up to 40 hours.
A built-in chipset fuses Bluetooth 5.0 technology with an LDS antenna for strong signal transmission with a broader Bluetooth range. The earbuds’ ergonomic design maximizes comfort. Additionally, each earbud connects independently to your device.
Tips for Buying Earbuds
- Set a budget: Good quality doesn’t come cheap, so be prepared to pay more for something decent.
- Focus on the codecs: Codecs determine the sound quality, so get earbuds that support the latest codecs.
- Choose the right ear-tips: Get earbuds with ear-tips in different sizes that fit your ears properly and make an effective seal.
- Check the battery life: Know how long you can use the earbuds before recharging them.
- Prioritize noise canceling technology: Noise-canceling helps reduce environmental noise that may interfere with your listening or calls.
Get the Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds and Enjoy Healthy Listening
Noise cancelling earbuds make your music easier to hear, you don’t have to crank up the volume to drown out noises. Get the best wireless earbuds from TaoTronics and protect your ears while listening to the music you love.
- 5 Top Ways That Using a Humidifier Promotes Better Sleep and Overall Health￼ - January 17, 2024
- Navigating the Warmth: 3 Top Reasons to Consider a Space Heater This Winter - January 17, 2024
- Winter Comeback Extravaganza to Kickstart the New Year - January 16, 2024