Strenuous exercise and hours of sitting can take a toll on your body, making your muscles sore. A massage gun can help. It can relieve sore muscles and improve joint and muscle mobility. The gadget provides the benefits of massage therapy right at home.
According to research by the Cleveland Clinic, massage guns provide targeted percussive therapy to muscles, increasing range of motion and blood flow and enhancing muscle recovery. A powerful massage gun like the TaoTronics Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager is useful after a long day on the job and for post-workout recovery.
This massage gun scores high on performance, comfort, ease of use, and value. It is highly effective at reaching specific trigger points, particularly sore spots. Its 24V brushless motor and high-quality bearing lower the operating noise making it super quiet. Even on the highest speed settings, it’s still quieter than most massage guns on the market.
If you love deep tissue massage, you’ll be pleased to know that this massage gun generates up to 3,200 percussions per minute and has 10 speed levels to provide significant therapeutic relief. It comes with multiple attachments for more intense kneading. The differently-shaped massage heads work on different muscle groups, providing targeted treatment for fast recovery.
The percussion massage gun is surprisingly quiet, and its battery lasts an impressive 10 hours on a single charge. It comes with six rechargeable batteries that ensure it never goes off. An auto shut-off feature and ergonomic design make it safe to use and comfortable to hold.
You’ll notice a big difference if you use the device before working out. You’ll handle greater resistance and also increase your range of motion. This massage gun is perfect for athletes who want more intensive massage gun therapy.
How Does a Massage Gun Work?
A massage gun, also called a percussion massager, is a handheld device that uses rapid percussive therapy to improve blood flow and circulation, relaxing tight underlying soft tissues and reducing muscle pain or soreness. The device produces vibrations, warming your muscle tissue and increasing blood flow to target areas. When used on sore spots, it relaxes them while reducing soreness.
Percussive therapy massage guns produce vibrations that can penetrate soft tissue by up to an inch, stimulating muscles and helping the brain release tension. Research shows that vibration therapy can help alleviate muscle soreness after a workout and prevent muscle damage if used before a workout.
A massage gun can promote recovery after injury or intense activity by improving blood flow to the area. It has different speed settings—lower speed settings for sensitive and sore areas, and higher speed settings for activating muscles and relieving stress and tension trapped within the body.
What Are the Benefits of Massage Guns?
- Provide relief from muscle soreness, tension, and tightness: Delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) normally happens after a workout. Using a massage gun can help relieve muscle soreness, tension, and tightness after a workout.
- Accelerated recovery and reduced muscle fatigue: Just like a regular massage can encourage muscle recovery, so can a massage gun. Research has shown that massage and vibration therapy are effective at minimizing post-workout muscle soreness and aiding recovery after a workout.
- Improved blood circulation and lymphatic flow: Massage guns combine percussion and vibration to boost blood circulation. Physical therapists and athletic trainers believe massage guns can help boost blood flow and support post-workout recovery.
- Increased range of motion and flexibility: Percussive therapy can help improve flexibility, especially after a workout. Studies reveal that massage guns can boost range of motion and mobility after two five-minute treatments.
- Alleviation of stress and improved sleep quality: Percussive therapy and vibrations decrease anxiety levels, relaxing the body and mind. They also reduce muscle pain and soreness, improving blood circulation for better sleep.
How to Use a Massage Gun Effectively
- Always turn on the massager before placing it on your body to reduce the risk of injury. Start with the lowest intensity setting so your muscles and body can adjust to the pressure before you increase it.
- Use the right attachment. The ball head is ideal for deep tissue massaging; the fork-head works on muscles on either side of the spine, the feet, and ankles; the bullet head targets specific knots and tight spots; and the flat head is suitable for small areas or large muscle groups.
- Target sore or stiff muscle groups and make sure the areas have no cuts or bruises. If you have any muscle or bone injuries, wait until they are fully healed to use a massage gun.
- Hold the massager perpendicularly over your muscles and let it rest on the skin. Don’t push it into your muscles as they can tense up.
- Avoid joints or bony areas like ankles, elbows, or the spine as the percussive massage gun may cause discomfort and bruising.
- Target specific muscle groups based on your needs. For example, before a workout, massage the areas you’ll exercise for 30 seconds to warm up your muscles. After working out, massage the muscles you targeted for 1 minute to maintain blood flow. And for back pain relief, use the flat head attachment.
- Massage stiff muscles for up to two minutes for tension relief and to improve mobility and muscle movement.
How to Choose the Right Massage Gun
- Get a massage gun with adjustable intensity settings that allows you to increase or decrease the speed. Speed is measured in percussions per minute and ranges from 1000-3200. This is enough for most users.
- Massage guns are designed to target specific areas, so get one with a variety of massage heads. It should have at least four heads: a ball head, a bullet head, a fork head, and a flat head.
- Some massage guns have a battery life of 2-6 hours per charge, while a few go up to 10 hours. Most new models have a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a type-C charging cable for fast charging. Get a model with interchangeable batteries for round-the-clock usage.
- A quiet percussion massage gun has a noise level below 45 dB. Anything higher will annoy you and the people around you.
- It’s important to get the right massager for your budget, but also ensure it has all the features you need. It’s okay to pay a little more for one with better features.
- Consider your specific needs when buying a massage gun: If you’re an athlete or usually sit for long hours at work, get a massager with many attachments to target specific muscles.
Get the TaoTronics Percussion Massage Gun and Say Goodbye to Painful, Sore Muscles
A massage gun can relieve sore muscles and prevent soreness when used before and after workouts. By targeting muscles with rapid-fire pulses, it relaxes them, works out a few kinks, and speeds up recovery.
If you’re looking for a massage gun that is powerful, durable, and easy to use, look no further than the TaoTronics Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager. It offers all the benefits of percussive massage therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Massage Guns Safe to Use?
Massage guns are generally safe to use, but it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Also, apply moderate pressure and don’t massage sensitive areas or injured muscles.
Can Anyone Use a Massage Gun?
Yes, most adults can. But if you have a fracture, open wounds, are pregnant, or suffer from deep vein thrombosis (DVT), consult a healthcare professional before using a massage gun.
How Often Should I Use a Massage Gun?
Most people use a massage gun 2-3 times per week, especially after workouts. Using the device too frequently could diminish the effects, so consider your individual needs to determine usage.
Can Massage Guns Help with Muscle Recovery?
Yes, massage guns can greatly limit post-workout muscle soreness. They also promote blood flow, boosting muscle recovery.
How Loud Are Massage Guns?
Massage guns produce noise levels between 35-70 dB, and some are quieter than others. Check the noise level before getting one. 45 decibels and below is best if you don’t like noise. Read product specifications and user reviews to find a quieter option.
- 5 Top Ways That Using a Humidifier Promotes Better Sleep and Overall Health￼ - January 17, 2024
- Navigating the Warmth: 3 Top Reasons to Consider a Space Heater This Winter - January 17, 2024
- Winter Comeback Extravaganza to Kickstart the New Year - January 16, 2024